Sandra Bullock is 2009's top star.
By Alex Dobuzinskis (edited by Qalix)
Sandra Bullock, nicknamed as 'America's Sweetheart' shined as 2009's top Hollywood star at the box office after two-year absence from screens. This is based on top money making stars. Bullock beat out George Clooney and Denzel Washington on the strength of her roles in "The Proposal" and "The Blind Side". Romantic comedy "The Proposal" made $315 million at worldwide box offices following its June release and football drama "The Blind Side" has made $193 million ONLY in the US and Canada since its Nov 20 release, with its roll-out in other countries still to come. Bullock who also starred in the 2009 comedy "All About Steve" with its $34 million take in the US and Canada.
Quigley's list of top money making stars;
1. Sandra Bullock
2. Johnny Depp
3. Matt Damon
4. George Clooney
5. Robert Downey Jr
6. Tom Hanks
7. Meryl Steep
8. Brad Pitt
9. Shia LeBeouf
10. Denzel Washington
Sandra Bullock is the eight woman to clinch the top spot in Quigley's.
I say :
Well it is obvious that 2009 had been a year for Bullock and will continue the momentum in 2010 as Bullock's "The Blind Side" is yet to be released worldwide. I'm happy for her. I love her since Miss Congeniality. Then came Miss Congeniality 2 a couple of years later and now I'm waiting for the Miss Congeniality 3, if there's any. She also starred in "The Lake House". Not only she starred in these movies but she is also one of the people behind it, excetuvie producer. Similarly like "The Proposal", "The Blind Side" and "All About Steve" were all her works. I'm glad that she's back. Hope to see more of her in the future.
My other favourite actresses;
Anne Hathaway - Will see her in Valentine's Day, February 2010.
Lisa Kudrow - Just received a webby award for her role in 'Web Theraphy' where she also the executive producer.
Reese Witherspoon - No idea where she is up to now.
Sex and The City 2 will be out some time this year after a successful first movie in 2008. I wonder when F.R.I.E.N.D.S will be brought to the screen. There's rumours about it but I don't know! We just wait and see in 2011, the same year when the next Spiderman movie will be released. Hopefully my next post, if time permit, I will share my top 10 movies and songs of 2009.
QaLiX :D


0 comments:
Post a Comment