January 20th 2009 was the day when the world celebrated Obama. However, many locals missed the Obama's Inaugural when the country was hit by the worst flash flood and rainfall ever recorded. The heavy rain started at around 9-ish and many were busy watching CNN. That night I was doing my lab report and the pre-lab questions for the pratical on the next day when suddenly I heard noises outside. I looked outside and saw a mermaid swimming in the front yard.. Haha nadadeh, I saw sea of water rushing towards the road in front of our house. I went downstairs to check it out and yes, for the first time our house was flooded and we were fortunate that it didn't come into the house. I went to the back yard and it was already deep, bawah lutut. I knocked on my parents' door and told them what happened. Again I look around, my neighbours didn't realise about the flooding, not until their cars was half submerged by the water.Nah pictures flooding rumah I.
I didn't take banyak pictures that night,
cus I was busy helping mom to putik balik
barang-barang yang hanyut seperti pasu2an.

Dapan rumah.

Dapan Rumah Still

Belakang Rumah Tia~

We had an uninvited guest.
My neighbour pun ada ni kana datangi ular cemani.

We didn't kill it cuz ia pun kan mencari tempat berteduh juga. Hayy..
plus ia nda patuk2an. Lapsss... This is the same species of ular that
we killed few months back. Remember?
After the sleepless night.
Sayyidina Hasan was closed.

Still flooding, so I was at home all morning.
I missed my Chemistry Practical pasal the
banjir menghalang perjalan kenderaan kecil.
But this picture was taken masa ia surut sikit sudah.
Last night the flood reached sampai ke bawah dada
at this road.

Neighbour sibuk membersihkan rumah yang dimasuki air.
They said katil kana tinggalami air. Deloo~

A man standing on the concrete. That night,
the concrete atu pun nda nampak.

A 4 X 4 car saja can do this.

Bomba was evrywhere to help the flood victims.
and the Hilux car atu macam kenal saja....

Another Bomba.

Land slide at Tanjung Bunut also caused traffic jam that night.

Not only night, the long Q due to the landslide sampai ke patang.

and the ular akhirnya mati. Inallilah.
Kesian.. kana mesin rumput uleh lingka.
Nda bekepala tia.. pasal teputus uleh lingka.
Delooo~
Banjir in Negara Brunei Darussalam.
Picture from
BM
QaLiX :D
0 comments:
Post a Comment