Saturday, 21 March 2009

The One With Saint Patrick's Day

This time I'm going to share a little bit about Saint Patrick's Day. I don't know what it really is but it's so green and I love green. There's no harm knowing about Saint Patrick. :D The reason I brought up this topic is because of my curiosity about Shamrock (Picture below)



Shamrock leaf.

I was curious about this leaf because I kept seeing it everywhere on the net. First, it was on Pet Society but I thought it was just a normal leaf like the others but then, I saw it again on hotmail as well as other websites, even the word 'tube' on you tube was green few days ago. So, I did a research and found out that shamrock is more than just a leaf. The shamrock, a three-leafed old clover is a symbol of Ireland. The diminutive version of the Irish word for "clover" is "seamróg", which was anglicised as "shamrock", representing a close approximation of the original Irish pronunciation. The shamrock was traditionally used for its medical properties. It is also a common way to represent Saint Patrick's Day.

Now who is Saint Patrick?

Saint Patrick's Day is an annual feast day which celebrates Saint Patrick (AD 385–461), one of the patron saints of Ireland, and is generally celebrated on March 17. The day is the national day of Ireland: it is a public holiday in the Republic of Ireland. It is also a public holiday in Monseratt. In Canada, UK, Australia, US, and New Zealand, it is widely celebrated but is not an official holiday.


Pictures below show how the people in Chicago celebrate Saint Patrick's Day also known as St. Patty's Day (Nama Manja la konon). Believe me, the pictures you are about to see is absolutely gorgeous and I forgot from which site I got these pictures from. Dukkk!!


This is real.


How I wish the river here in Brunei was green, ani coklat.


Every 17th March, they dye the river green.


Absolutely gorgeous.


Stunning photograph.


Awesome


Before I end my topic for today, I would like to acknowledge you all that today, the 21st of March is World Forest Day. So save the earth, stop cutting down the trees, trees give the oxygen we breath in, not your lover. Also, I would like to wish Waznah a happy 20th birthday. Lapsss..



-------------------------------------------------------------


Below adalah pictures masa I kurus dulu. Laps



Again, Happy 20th birthday Wazzie~



Wazzie, in the middle.

Wazzie, the most right in black and wet.
























QaLiX :D

0 comments: