Sunday, 13 July 2008

The One How The Word 'Lipat' Started

It was back in 2004 and I was at my cousin's new year's eve family get together. We had barbeque, bouncers, kids screaming and mothers yelling... To make this long story short, I was outside in the barbeque area and listening to my Ngangah Didi and Usu Nurul conversation.

Usu Nurul : "Makin lampuh bah ko ani tia dii, belipat baahhh parut mu atu"
Ngagah Didi : "Biartia bah belipat, bukan baju saja kan dilipat, parut iya juaaaa"

I was laughing (di dalam hati pulang tu I ketawa).

At home after the get together, when I was on my way to sleep, I remembered about the parut belipat thing. I laughed a lil bit (di dalam hati jua). So, after the school reopened... starting my senior year in my high school, I didnt know how and why I suddenly said the word "Tampar muhamu belipat-lipat". Haha.. It became my trademark since then but slowly dissapearing after the O-Level. Then MD, I tried to bring the trademark back to life.. I failed.. It happened only like a few months then it was just "Belipat".. at least.. but now the word "Belipat" is shorten into "Lipat" and hopefully there will be no word just "Pat".

Tampar Muhamu Belipat-Lipat ------> Belipat ------> Lipat

Well, that's all pretty much about it. May the word "Lipat" survive walau di mamah bumi. Hay!!

QaLiX :D

0 comments: