I was only kidding! I didn't actually go to Singapore (How I wish I was there). Izah, Dai's older sister invited the most important people to attend her birthday dinner. It was on Tuesday at 7.00PM somewhere in Gadong. The place is called 'The Singapore Table, Unforgettable'. Dai picked me up before 7.00PM and later Iq. However, we didn't go to the restaurant straight away.. we went back to Dai's place, picked up Arie and Saiful, changed car so five of us could go in one car. Laps!
We didn't know where the restaurant was but lucky for us, we found it without scratching our heads off til they bleed. It is a seafood restaurant. Seafood and I, we never liked each other but.. hey.. it was Izah's night and I didn't wanna disappoint her so I ate them. Actually, Izah was looking for Pytat too.. Py, Iq and I are the three famous people in Dai's family. Laps tia! When we arrived there, she said 'Mana si Pytat?'. Ooo.. what a missed! They always looking for one of us when one is missing. Pytat was somewhere in Bandar that night, so she couldn't make it to the dinner nor she knew about the birthday dinner. Deloo..
We didn't know where the restaurant was but lucky for us, we found it without scratching our heads off til they bleed. It is a seafood restaurant. Seafood and I, we never liked each other but.. hey.. it was Izah's night and I didn't wanna disappoint her so I ate them. Actually, Izah was looking for Pytat too.. Py, Iq and I are the three famous people in Dai's family. Laps tia! When we arrived there, she said 'Mana si Pytat?'. Ooo.. what a missed! They always looking for one of us when one is missing. Pytat was somewhere in Bandar that night, so she couldn't make it to the dinner nor she knew about the birthday dinner. Deloo..
As we all know, seafood is very long to cook. So we had the whole night to chat about stuff. We took pictures and I believe there were some awkward moments during the first few minutes we arrived there because we all have never been in that kind of situation where we sat and had dinner together. Especially the outsiders, Iq and I. Dai broke the silence by coming up with a topic about what UBD has done to some soon-to-be University students about their position which was at stake. There is this girl who had a doa selamat and quit her job because she got offered by the university but then broke down when she was told that there were few errors during the admission process and that the offered to further her study at the university is being pulled-back (Tarik-balik). Wow, I never wanted to be in her shoes. Some lamented on the new HECAS system. Well, I got to say.. It was a rookie mistake.
Now let me comment about the food. It was delicious. I only had a small portion and I was already full but there were more coming. Woww.. First, of course the rice. Followed by Butter Prawn, Khaylan, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Kangkong belacan. We only ordered for small dishes and yet they were too much for all of us. Fuhh.. While we were eating, then came this huge and long plate with mountains of crabs on it. I was like 'Ohh god, I'm already full and where am I going to store those huge delicious crabs?'. Lucky for me, on my right I had Iq, he has the stomach to stuff those huge crabs inside and on my left were Dai, a big girl who can eat everything except Sandwich roll from Hua Ho. I dont know why! While trying to open the hard-shelled crabs, then came another huge plate of Black-pepper crabs. They were black like sunday. No wonder Dai preferred the black pepper ones. Fuhh, sungguh mengenyangkan!!
After dinner, we rest for a while. One by one went to the rest room to wash up. You never knew that eating could make you tired too. Haha.. We had a group picture and then Qahar went to his car. Coming back from the car was a huge box with a cake inside. 'Nooo, eating again? Give a break guys..'. Hahaha.. non stop eating wah that night but it was worth eathing them! The food was delicious and the cake was oh my god.. it was crunchy, moist and chocolatey on the top with Hershey. Woww.. I can't explain! I couldn't believe Py had to miss it because while we were eating the cake, Pytat called in. At least her presence were felt jua that night walaupun dari wireless telecommunication. Hahaha.. Since I was the most kanyang person in the table, it took me a while to finish my slice of cake. Deloo I.
Qahar asked for the bill, so the manager sent one and to our surprise.... It was only for $4.50 :O Amazing~ We knew there was something wrong. Two huge plates of crabs for only $4.50? It doesn't make any sense, sedangakan Milo Shake ku lagi sudah $3.50. Dukkk.. Penipu!! Jokingly, Qahar put the $4.50 in the bil and the manager checked it. Apanah? Bawanya saja ke counter. Dukk.. Menampa.. Qahar called the manager back and said 'You didn't check kah ah? The bil says $4.50. Are you sure?'. Sorrily, the manager went back to the cashier and checked the mistake made earlier. Few minutes later, he came back with the correct bil and it was around $4xx.xx. So, Qahar took out his kaching from his wallet and paid him nicely.
Then, we left the restaurant with two seperate cars. The five of us back to Saiful's, the driver while Izah and her boyfreind in the other car. Two cars were leaving to two seperate ways. In Saiful's car, the five of us were thinking where to go next and all agreed to go to Empire. Saiful layan eh cos Farah was there, working til midnight. It was already 10-ish when we were in Tungku Link, singing a couple of songs to kill the boredom.
Arriving, at The Empire... we were greeted by a speactacular display of fireworks and the hotel staffs in traditional custom with the loud noise of Hadrah. They gave us 'bunga talur'. Laps. The five of us were all smiling and laughing because they thought we were tourists who were going to book a room for that night BUT we did not! We were there to take a tour and meet Farah which we did on our way out of the main lobby. Farah then asked the buggy ride people to bring us back to the car. It was fun riding it but only less than a minute. Deloo.. Mun we tau, we paking jauh2. Biar!!
After that, we went to Bandar Seri Begawan which was so delo. The perayaan is so sunyi this year when compared to previous years. This year you can breath and walk freely. Previous years, you had to squeeze through thousands of people flocking the area. No stage performances. Ooo.. :( We went to the stalls, almost all of them except the food stalls cos we didn't wanna go there since we still had the $4xx plus in our stomach, crunching their way to the intestine. There were quiet a lot of nice stuff but I had no money. :( The time was ticking fast, one by one the neon lights faded off. In no time, we went back to the car and.. home!! Yayy!! Not just yet!
We finally arrived at Dai's and guess what? Her room was a mess as if a tornado came for a short visit while we were away the whole night. Dukk.. Then she forced us to find her air conditioner's remote in order to switch it on while she was lying on the bed, snoozing!! Menampa anak atu. After 20 minutes of search and rescue, Iq found it. Lapsss.. Past midnight, then she sent both of us home tia. Mwaa.. We all had a good night sleep.
Pictures of Saturday activities, please click here.
After dinner, we rest for a while. One by one went to the rest room to wash up. You never knew that eating could make you tired too. Haha.. We had a group picture and then Qahar went to his car. Coming back from the car was a huge box with a cake inside. 'Nooo, eating again? Give a break guys..'. Hahaha.. non stop eating wah that night but it was worth eathing them! The food was delicious and the cake was oh my god.. it was crunchy, moist and chocolatey on the top with Hershey. Woww.. I can't explain! I couldn't believe Py had to miss it because while we were eating the cake, Pytat called in. At least her presence were felt jua that night walaupun dari wireless telecommunication. Hahaha.. Since I was the most kanyang person in the table, it took me a while to finish my slice of cake. Deloo I.
Qahar asked for the bill, so the manager sent one and to our surprise.... It was only for $4.50 :O Amazing~ We knew there was something wrong. Two huge plates of crabs for only $4.50? It doesn't make any sense, sedangakan Milo Shake ku lagi sudah $3.50. Dukkk.. Penipu!! Jokingly, Qahar put the $4.50 in the bil and the manager checked it. Apanah? Bawanya saja ke counter. Dukk.. Menampa.. Qahar called the manager back and said 'You didn't check kah ah? The bil says $4.50. Are you sure?'. Sorrily, the manager went back to the cashier and checked the mistake made earlier. Few minutes later, he came back with the correct bil and it was around $4xx.xx. So, Qahar took out his kaching from his wallet and paid him nicely.
Then, we left the restaurant with two seperate cars. The five of us back to Saiful's, the driver while Izah and her boyfreind in the other car. Two cars were leaving to two seperate ways. In Saiful's car, the five of us were thinking where to go next and all agreed to go to Empire. Saiful layan eh cos Farah was there, working til midnight. It was already 10-ish when we were in Tungku Link, singing a couple of songs to kill the boredom.
Arriving, at The Empire... we were greeted by a speactacular display of fireworks and the hotel staffs in traditional custom with the loud noise of Hadrah. They gave us 'bunga talur'. Laps. The five of us were all smiling and laughing because they thought we were tourists who were going to book a room for that night BUT we did not! We were there to take a tour and meet Farah which we did on our way out of the main lobby. Farah then asked the buggy ride people to bring us back to the car. It was fun riding it but only less than a minute. Deloo.. Mun we tau, we paking jauh2. Biar!!
After that, we went to Bandar Seri Begawan which was so delo. The perayaan is so sunyi this year when compared to previous years. This year you can breath and walk freely. Previous years, you had to squeeze through thousands of people flocking the area. No stage performances. Ooo.. :( We went to the stalls, almost all of them except the food stalls cos we didn't wanna go there since we still had the $4xx plus in our stomach, crunching their way to the intestine. There were quiet a lot of nice stuff but I had no money. :( The time was ticking fast, one by one the neon lights faded off. In no time, we went back to the car and.. home!! Yayy!! Not just yet!
We finally arrived at Dai's and guess what? Her room was a mess as if a tornado came for a short visit while we were away the whole night. Dukk.. Then she forced us to find her air conditioner's remote in order to switch it on while she was lying on the bed, snoozing!! Menampa anak atu. After 20 minutes of search and rescue, Iq found it. Lapsss.. Past midnight, then she sent both of us home tia. Mwaa.. We all had a good night sleep.
Pictures of Saturday activities, please click here.
QaLiX :D


0 comments:
Post a Comment